Post Results Services are only available to candidates sitting GCSE, GCE, Principal Learning & Projects (including Extended Project).
Centres with candidates who have not achieved the grade(s) that were expected of them may wish to pursue an Enquiry About Results (EAR) on behalf of a single candidate or a whole cohort. It is imperative the centre has written permission from each candidate concerned before processing a request for clerical re-checks or a post-results review of marking. The candidate must fully understand that their marks for a given assessment may change following a Service 1 or Service 2 EAR and this could result in subject grades being raised or lowered.
There are four EAR services available:
1. Clerical checks
2. Review of original marking
3. Review of original moderation
4. Access to scripts
For more information regarding these services, please see the JCQ publication ‘Post Results Services’.
- Assessment and Grade Setting: An Overview
- Size and scale of the system
- Access Arrangements and Special Consideration
- The life of a script
- How grades are determined
- Examiners and Marking
- Ensuring standards are the same across Awarding Bodies
- Past Papers
- Publication of results
- Post-results services
- The appeals process
- The A2C Project