Notes on the completion of the Very Late Arrival form
- 1. A candidate who arrives after the start of the examination may be allowed to enter the examination room and sit the examination. This is entirely at the discretion of the centre.
The centre must warn the candidate that the awarding body may not accept their script.
- 2. A candidate who arrives late and is permitted by the centre to sit the examination must be allowed the full time for the examination.
- 3. There is not a requirement to complete this form for those candidates who arrive within one hour of the awarding body’s published starting time for an examination of more than one hour.
- 4. A candidate will be considered very late if they arrive more than one hour after the awarding body’s published starting time for an examination of more than one hour.
- 5. For examinations of less than one hour, a candidate will be considered very late if they arrive after the awarding body’s published finishing time for the examination.
- 6. In such circumstances you must submit this form on-line to the appropriate awarding body within seven working days of the date of the paper concerned.
- 7. You must complete the following fields – Centre details, candidate details, Awarding Body, Qualification, Exam Series, Subject or component code.
- 8. You must complete the field headed ‘Time candidate came under centre staff supervision’.
- 9. In the field ‘Reason for late arrival’, state precisely the nature of the circumstances resulting in the candidate’s late arrival. You should give details of any special arrangements made for the candidate to reach the centre.
- 10. In the appropriate fields, state the actual time at which your centre started and finished the examination, and the time at which the candidate concerned started and finished the examination.
- 11. You must complete the field headed ‘What assurances can you provide that the candidate did not access the paper’s content prior to sitting the exam’.
- 12. Scripts must be sent to the awarding body/examiner in the normal way.