As previously announced in England only there will be a full series of GCE A, AS and GCSE in all subjects available in autumn 2020.
The timetable will run as follows:
· GCE AS and A-level examinations start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.
· GCSE examinations start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.
The deadlines for entry are:
· (GCE AS & A-level) – 4 September
· GCSE (except English Language and Mathematics) – 18 September
· GCSE (English Language and Mathematics) – 4 October.
The exam boards will post the timetables on their websites and contact centres about entries in due course.
Dr Philip Wright, Director General of JCQ said:
“In August, we will be celebrating the success of young people and their progression to the next stage of learning or move into a career. The grades will be reflective of what they might have achieved had they been able to sit their exams and will enable them to move on to the next phase in their lives.
“By the autumn, many young people will have entered further or higher education or started their careers. The autumn series will be available for young people for whom it was not possible to issue a grade or who wish to improve grades based on taking an exam. Full details on the autumn series will be available shortly from the exam boards.”
Notes to Editors
1. The JCQ comprises AQA, CCEA, City & Guilds, NCFE, OCR, Pearson, SQA and WJEC – the eight largest providers of qualifications in the UK.
2. The JCQ is a membership organisation and enables member awarding bodies to act together in providing, where possible, common administrative arrangements for schools and colleges and other providers which offer their qualifications; and responding to proposals and initiatives in assessment and the curriculum.
3. Media contacts: The JCQ’s press office can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 07905 683816.